The Cheltenham Festival of Performing Arts
4th to 15th May 2021
The Town Hall is booked for 12 consecutive days of Music, Dance and Drama and we are already planning to stage another fabulous Festival. Do contact us, do support us.
‘be part of it’ – join the team.
On-line entry system opens: 1st Decembe r 2020
Closing date for entries: 28th February 2021
Annual General Meeting: 26th February 2021
The 2021 Festival: 4th to 15th May 2021
The 2022 Festival: 3rd to 14th May 2022
Preparing for a CovidSafe Festival
We are planning and preparing to put in place all necessary measures so that the 2021 Festival can take place with as little risk as possible to the wellbeing of performers, their teachers and supporters, adjudicators, and all our stewards and other helpers.
At the moment it is too early to be certain what those measures will be. However, here are some of the issues we are now considering. The list is likely to develop and change as we take account of official guidelines and discuss arrangements with Town Hall staff. If you have any concerns or suggestions on how we can best stage a CovidSafe Festival, please do contact us.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times within the Town Hall except by the performers when performing and adjudicators when delivering their adjudications.
- Hand sanitisers will be available in every room.
- Plastic screens and head visors will be used to shield stewards on duty around the Town Hall from arriving performers and visitors.
- The number of people allowed at any time into each performance room, including the café, will be monitored and limited.
- Entry into the Town Hall will only be allowed via the front door and Foyer and everyone must leave by the rear door.
- To avoid ‘pinch points’ as much as possible, a one-way system will be used within the Town Hall and each performance room will have a ‘Entry Door’ and an ‘Exit Door’.
- To avoid queuing and crowding in the Town Hall Foyer, our ‘welcome desk’ will be cashless – with a card reader system to collect payment for entry and programmes.
- The layout of each performance room will be set up to ensure adequate separation between performers (especially singers and brass players), the adjudicator’s table, and the audience.
- Most regrettably, classes for choirs and groups, as well as several Speech & Drama and Dance classes, which involve the close participation of more than one person, have now been cancelled for 2021. Entry fee refunds are being arranged.
- Notices will be posted throughout the Town Hall as reminders that distancing is important and anyone not following the rules may be required to leave the Town Hall.
- The piano keys, and the piano stool will be touched and handled by performers and accompanists. We will ensure that effective cleaning is carried out for each new pianist and allow for sufficient time for this to take place between performances.
- Page turners must be a person within the pianist’s personal bubble.
- A lot of space will be needed to allow dancers to change between classes and, for this reason, we will reserve the entire upper floors of the Town Hall, during Dance days, as changing areas.
- We will adopt a safe method (using gloves and hand sanitiser) for the handling of recorded music media.
dated 24th January 2021