RULES OF ENTRY
Founded in 1995 this award is in memory of Keith Nutland, a former President of the Festival. The aim is to recognise the skills and talents of the student and the hope is that the prize will be used to help with any future musical training. Young Musicians (the ‘Students’) are invited to give a recital in front of a panel of judges and an audience.
The winner will receive a cheque for £1000 and may be invited to give a recital at the Cheltenham Music Festival in the following year. Recital students may be given free admission to the Cheltenham Music Festival of which Keith Nutland was Treasurer for many years.
PERFORMANCE DATE: SATURDAY 14th MARCH 2020, starting at 6:30 pm.
(Not held within the Festival fortnight) AT BETHESDA CHURCH, CHELTENHAM
NEW RULES FOR ENTRY
- The Student must be living in a family home in Gloucestershire OR be at school in Gloucestershire.
- The Student must be post Grade 8 standard (ABRSM or equivalent) in their chosen instrument or voice. They must give a recital of at least two contrasting works and demonstrate skills appropriate to a recital.
- The Student must be in Year 13 or Gap year. Not in first year at University/Music College.
- Students must provide their own accompanist if one is needed.
- Students are allowed only one entry into this competition.
Please email for an entry form. See below.
Entries must come through the School’s Head of Music or a music teacher.
Closing date for entries is 1st February, 2020.
There is an entry fee of £20 per competitor.
In the event of a large number of entries a preliminary round may be held earlier on the same day.
Entry forms and queries: David Terry: 07921 549191
Email address: email@example.com
The 2014 Performers