The award is in memory of Keith Nutland, a former President of the Festival, and the aim in holding the competition is to assist the winner with his or her musical studies at University or Music College.
The competition will take the form of a recital to be held on the evening of Sunday 20th May 2018 for year 13 students intending to enter a Music College or to read Music at University.
There will be a £1000 prize.
There will also be the offer of free admission to the 2018 Cheltenham Music Festival of which Keith Nutland was Treasurer for many years. The winner may also be invited to perform at the Cheltenham Music Festival in 2019.
Rules of Entry:
1. The Student must be at school in Gloucestershire
2. The Student must have a permanent home address in Gloucestershire
3. The Music Committee will give consideration for entry to the competition to a student whose principal University degree is not music but who has been awarded, for example, a Choral Scholarship, and who will be able to demonstrate that they will be continuing with their music studies at a high level.
4. To claim the prize, the winner must produce written proof that he/she has been offered, and accepted, a place to study music at University or College. In the event of the winner not taking up a place, the Music Committee reserves the right to request that the money be refunded. This is to confirm with the aim of the Award; “to assist the winner with music studies”.
5. Application MUST come through the School’s Head of Music or a Music Teacher.
For further details contact David Terry: 07921 549191
The 2014 Performers